|Food Bank Name
||Chattanooga Area Food Bank
||May 26, 2017
||Inventory & Food Drive specialist
||Inventory & Food Drive specialist position available in Chattanooga, TN
- Coordinates and schedules daily receiving activities with the warehouse staff to ensure prompt and accurate receipt and distribution of all goods
- Fields calls concerning deliveries, donation pick-ups and schedules appointments with donors and carriers
- Verifies all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure accuracy of loads
- Prepares all receiving and shipping documents and reports while maintain accuracy of all records
- Ensure that food drives are managed effectively in regard to goals and donor recognition
- Maintains a 98.5% accurate inventory, manage aged inventory and ensure adequate inventory turns to reduce waste and/or spoilage
- Attend staff meetings and outside work-related events
- Commitment to promoting a team environment by helping staff and volunteers as needed
- Cross-trained in other functional areas and is back up to the Food Sourcing manager when needed.
- Maintain required cleaning areas per the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Perform in all other operations and duties as assigned
- Five years’ experience in inventory control, shipping and receiving preferred
- Thorough knowledge of WMS systems and computer applications, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient in using pallet jacks and forklifts preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of warehouse operations, practices, procedures, and standards
- Basic knowledge of sanitary food safety, storage, and handling guidelines
- Proven track record of dependability with an impeccable attendance record
- Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job (occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 70 lbs, moving pallets up to 2,000 lbs, etc.)
This may turn into a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation, sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
||June 30, 2017
|How to Apply
|About the Organization
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank leads a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region. We acquire and distribute healthy food across a 20 county service region; we engage the public in the fight to end hunger; we empower people to take responsibility for their health and their lives.
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) is seeking a team-oriented professional with the warehousing and inventory background necessary to help achieve our goal to eliminate hunger and promote better nutrition.
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the inventory in the CAFB and Dalton warehouses by coordinating the daily shipping and receiving activities, recording other inventory movement transactions, and performing inventory/cycle counts. Other duties will include a variety of warehouse task, and overseeing the food drive efforts.
This is a 32 hours a week position with benefits that may turn into a full time position in the future as budget permits.
Visit our website www.chattfoodbank.org to learn more about our organization.