|Food Bank Name
||Chattanooga Area Food Bank
||May 12, 2017
||Development Officer-NWGA position available in Chattanooga, TN
The Development Officer will be responsible for increasing awareness of the opportunities and scope of operations the CAFB provides in NWGA, and increasing financial support through strategic partnerships with major donors and corporations from that area. A primary focus of the next 12-18 months will be to assist in implementing major gifts and corporate giving programs. More specifically, the Development Officer has the primary responsibility to:
- Develop and implement appropriate identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects and donors
- Work closely with CAFB’s Director of Development and senior team to develop strategies and tactics to successfully expand the major gift program in NWGA
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and coordinate donor identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
- Serve as key CAFB representative at various community events and meetings, when applicable
- Monitor donor portfolios for CEO and Director of Development, assisting in the development of cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Assist in developing and executing fundraising strategies such as identifying appropriate communication for different audiences; helping plan and execute interactions with key donor audiences; and researching potential prospects
- Establish and maintain a donor cultivation cycle to ensure new major donor prospects are cultivated, are given opportunities to upgrade their annual support and experience a close relationship with the CAFB
- Cultivate strategic funding requests based on immediate and long term funding goals of the organization for individuals and corporations, as appropriate
- Implement a major donor and corporate giving program in NWGA, including special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts
- Produce specialized correspondences, letters of acknowledgment, and scheduling and attending in-person visits to cultivate and steward CAFB donors
- Manage grant process for local foundations in NWGA and Chattanooga
- Three to five years of professional experience in fundraising, marketing, banking, business, higher education, public relations, communications or related field required.
- Proven record of successful fundraising, including donor stewardship and cultivation
- Experience in project/program planning, development, coordination, and management
- Major gift experience strongly preferred
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Excellent verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and a thorough understanding of strategic development
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donor relationships
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
- Good computer skills and knowledge of data base programs
This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation and sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
||August 11, 2017
|How to Apply
|About the Organization
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank leads a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region. We acquire and distribute healthy food across a 20 county service region; we engage the public in the fight to end hunger; we empower people to take responsibility for their health and their lives.
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) is seeking a team-oriented member with the fundraising background to help carry forward its mission to lead a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition.
The Development Officer will be responsible to develop and implement strategy for donor relationships in CAFB’s nine county Northwest Georgia region (NWGA). This will include managing a portfolio of major gift prospects and coordinating donor identification, research, and cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts. The person in this position will work closely with the Director of Development, the development team, CAFB leadership, and supporters to plan and implement strategies to meet financial goals, to raise awareness of major and planned giving opportunities, and increase fundraising revenue. This is an exciting opportunity for a fundraising professional to strengthen the development program of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Visit our website www.chattfoodbank.org to learn more about our organization.