|Food Bank Name
||Harvest Hope Food Bank
||June 30, 2017
||Chief Operating Officer
||Chief Operating Officer position available in Columbia, SC
Major Duties: Operations
- To manage operational aspects of all facilities (Columbia, Greenville and Florence)
- To maintain the facility, fleet, and equipment to ensure that the production level is met on a day-to-day basis and ensure that appropriate preventive maintenance and associated duties are accomplished, planned for and feasible with other work plans.
- Communicate daily with Warehouse Managers regarding inventory and distribution
- Manage/sponsor programs to assure food safety, work place safety
- Conduct regular warehouse walks to inspect product, racking, and equipment for safety, damage and/or shrink
- To provide for inventory control by assuring that direct reports performance is accurate and live for data entry and analysis of food donor by segments, types of food, and monitor inventory to assure highest quality available for distribution
- Ensure compliance/ oversee all Operational contractual obligations of Feeding America, AIB, OSHA, DOT, USDA, SCFBA and other entities to assure compliance at highest expectations;
- To strategically plan, analyze and facilitate HHFB operational needs with all locations
- To ensure that the poundage of food sourced and available for distribution is met to meet the needs of hunger in South Carolina through analysis and action plans that consider where needed improvements are according to the GAP analysis and quarterly poundage reports.
- Support all operational activities in preparation of and during disaster relief and recovery
- Work on special projects related to operational areas as assigned by CEO
- Assists Chief Executive Officer in long range planning and strategic analysis Administration
- Ensures compliance with organization policies and procedures
- To assist the Accounting and Development Departments with appropriate reports as needed for grants, budgets and statistical analysis as needed for poundage and other necessary service delivery components.
- Maintain department budget
- Monitor product levels, distribution between locations and utilization of inventory system
- Serve as member of Management Team and participate in Food Bank planning Leadership
- Manage and evaluation of direct reports, setting goals that are measurable and attainable, providing feedback and direction by completing performance assessments, assist in developing managers to effectively oversee their assigned teams
- Interviews job applicants and recommends hiring of positions within department
- To demonstrate our commitment to the donors, customer, and other appropriate groups by providing high quality service and building customer trust and satisfaction. May include speaking to groups, touring groups and serving on various community interests.
- Participates in the Feeding America Food Bank Network and other affiliations concerning national, regional, state and local issues by attending meetings and carrying out committee assignments, when appropriate and assigned by CEO
- All other duties that are assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Engineering discipline or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years managerial responsibility in large Warehouse Food operations and Supply chain management
- Experience working with food products and knowledge of food safety practices/requirements
- Food Banking experience a plus
- Ability to manage multi-location warehouses and maintain operations at top performing level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of meeting deadlines and follow up
- Highly collaborative leadership style with ability to manage staff, working as an excellent team player to CEO and Senior Managers
- Excellent problem solving, planning and project management skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel regularly to Harvest Hope Food Bank locations in South Carolina
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary
Other Desired Characteristics:
- Strong communication skills that are effective across a variety of constituencies including donors, volunteers, potential agency members and others to educate about our mission and various services for the purposes of building brand
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills coupled with strong team orientation, exemplary project management skills and a high customer service focus
- Deep commitment and passion for the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank and Feeding America
- Lean Six Sigma or similar training; Certified Production & Inventory Management (CPIM)
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage offered Life and Disability Insurance Provided Flexible Spending Accounts Paid Time Off Paid Holidays 401K Retirement Plan
||July 31, 2017
|How to Apply
Qualified Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: Edna Brown, HR Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 803-254-6011
|About the Organization
Harvest Hope began in 1981 as the result of a shared vision of business leaders and the faith community who set out to provide for the hungry in Columbia. Since then Harvest Hope has increased its mission to feed the hungry across 20 counties of South Carolina and now provides food, comfort and hope to hungry individuals and families in the Midlands, Pee Dee and Greater Greenville regions of South Carolina.
The Chief Operating Officer is to assist and report to the CEO by focusing on and managing the day-to-day activities of operations (warehouse, transportation and inventory) of the food bank to ensure that our food donors are getting high quality customer service; to oversee the maintenance of the facility, fleet, and equipment; manage inventory from all segments assuring the highest quality available for distribution; oversee operations response during times of disaster; to oversee all contractual obligations of AIB, USDA, Feeding America and other applicable entities to assure compliance at highest expectation.