|Food Bank Name
||Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
Akron , OH
||May 12, 2017
||Warehouse Manager position available in Akron, OH
- Direct supervisor and leader to the Warehouse Supervisor, Shipping & Receiving Team, and the Volunteer Center Supervisor.
- Ensure all Warehouse and Volunteer Center Operations (shipping and receiving, inventory placement, order picks, distribution, and volunteer center production) are appropriately, staffed and in constant production to achieve monthly and annual pounds and financial goals.
- Manage the diligence required of inventory management, specifically cycle counts, inventory adjustments and reporting to strengthen preparation for year-end physical inventory
- Advise and report the repair and maintenance of warehouse property and/or equipment to the Senior Manager, Operations and seek approval for work order
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with Network Partners during daily distribution to understand who they are, what they do and how they service their community to best serve their needs at the Foodbank.
- Provide a variety of performance reports daily and weekly to capture the overall health of the Warehouse operations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: Five to seven years of progressive leadership and operational experience, preferably in warehouse or logistics management of food
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Authentic and passionate advocate for Feeding People and Fighting Hunger.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with a broad scope of member partners and collaborating businesses and organizations involved in the day to day operations of the Foodbank.
- Must be able to work independently and anticipate reporting and communication needs of Operations Senior Leadership.
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects and Foodbank events, anticipating issues and taking proactive initiative to resolve to ensure a positive Foodbank experience.
- Ability to operate forklifts in compliance with OSHA requirements and lift, carry and maneuver equipment daily.
- Ability to coach, manage and motivate staff toward goal achievement and a positive culture
- Detail oriented, customer service focused, highly organized and results driven
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills; ability to successfully work with and lead a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment which requires strong project management and time management skills and the ability to remain calm and collected under pressure
- Ability to work hours in accordance with meeting Foodbank demands, which could include hours beyond normal operations and weekends
- Available during off-hours for communications of all kinds.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Warehouse Inventory Management and Barcode system, Primarius experience preferred.
- Must be able to follow all AIB International, Feeding America, Food and Drug Administration, United States Department of Agriculture, Occupational Safety Hazard Administration, and Foodbank (standard operating procedures and employee handbook) safety regulations.
||June 12, 2017
|How to Apply
Join Feeding America's 2012 Foodbank of the Year and a 2016 NorthCoast99 winner in our fight against hunger! Excellent culture, pay and benefits. Background check and drug screen required. No calls or walk-ins. EOE/M/F/D/V Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information in your cover letter:
- Summary of your background and relevant event management experience
- Explanation of how you connect to our mission
- Explanation of why you are the best fit for this position
- Salary requirements
- Contact information and best time to reach you
|About the Organization
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank was formed in 1982 by a group of community leaders who made a commitment to provide emergency food to our neighbors in need. Today, the Foodbank provides food and other essential items to member hunger-relief programs in eight Northeast Ohio counties: Carroll, Holmes, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas and Wayne. These member programs operate nearly 500 food pantries, hot meal sites, shelters and other hunger-relief programs in the neighborhoods and communities where people need food
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for approximately 50,000 square feet of warehouse space consisting of dry, refrigerated, frozen and Volunteer Center operations. Responsibilities include receiving, storage, repacking and distribution of food to meet the organization’s distribution and financial goals; maintaining up to date knowledge on all food safety governing regulations to ensure operational compliance; leading all Warehouse Team Members at all levels to strengthen the performance, culture and retention of the team; reporting and coordination requirements include interaction and coordination at all levels of Foodbank leadership.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Operations with responsibility to serve in a leadership capacity to the Warehouse Supervisor and team, the Volunteer Center Supervisor and team and the Shipping and Receiving Lead and team.