|Food Bank Name
||Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
||February 24, 2017
||Regional Fresh Produce Sourcer
||Regional Fresh Produce Sourcer position available in Nogales, AZ
Role Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure as much fresh produce as possible for the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona service area, its partner food banks across Arizona, and the Feeding America national network of food banks. •
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with food industry donors and partners.
- Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all partners, donors and co-workers.
- Conduct ongoing, face-to-face solicitations, site visits and follow-up communications to ensure donor development, recognition and the timely resolution of concerns and complaints.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records and files within all appropriate data systems.
- Generate reports to measure key program activities and provide data and metrics to facilitate the evaluation of food sourcing and distribution activities of the food bank.
- Work collaboratively with the CFB Operations Team, as well as the Arizona Association of Food Bank’s Logistics Task Force to facilitate and coordinate the transportation and distribution of donated product in a manner that limits waste and ensures quality.
- Uphold food safety procedures, and support CFB Operations and the AAFB Logistics Task Force with product traceability and recalls as needed.
- Maintain awareness of market trends, technology and food safety best practices.
- Maintain regular communication and relationships with other food banks, Feeding America and the AAFB.
- Ensure donor recognition and the creation of promotional materials as needed.
- Participate in organizational meetings and initiatives; perform other duties as assigned. .
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree required, plus a minimum 5 years’ experience in the fresh produce industry with preference for previous positions in category management, procurement and/or distribution
- Must speak fluent English; Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Knowledge of the Arizona produce and agricultural industry; Experience working in the Nogales community preferred
- Understanding of the fresh produce supply chain; Previous experience in food bank sourcing or logistics a plus
- Significant experience in business/account sales development and management preferred.
- Self-starter who exercises initiative to independently plan, organize and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and amongst diverse people and groups
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally with the public
- Ability to think strategically and to resolve problems; strong strategic planning, organizational, and negotiating skills and comprehensive experience in customer service management required.
- Exemplary computer literacy and data entry skills also required; advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety and proper food storage and handling techniques preferred.
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 21 years of age; possess a current and valid Arizona Driver License and a safe driving record and reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time within the service area of Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Honesty, integrity and commitment to the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona’s cause and mission.
||April 30, 2017
|How to Apply
Please apply online at: http://www.communityfoodbank.org/Who-We-Are/Employment
|About the Organization
The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona responds to the root causes of hunger and seeks to restore dignity, health, opportunity and hope to people living in poverty. Our mission is to change lives in the communities we serve by feeding the hungry today, and building a healthy, hunger-free tomorrow.
Function: Under the supervision of the Chief Development and Strategy Officer, this position secures fresh produce donations for the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona service area and its partner food banks including the Feeding America national network. By nurturing strong donor relationships with current and lapsed food industry donors, and building new donor relationships, the Regional Fresh Produce Sourcer will collaborate across CFB departments to ensure an increase in the cost-effective distribution of quality, fresh produce to the hungry in our community. In addition to building our produce supply base, this position is also responsible for providing technical support to other food bank programs involving fresh produce. While based in Nogales, AZ this position will work collaboratively with other produce sourcing staff across Arizona.