|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina
||February 15, 2017
||Chief Operating Officer
||Chief Operating Officer position available in Winston-Salem, NC
- Provide oversight of Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC operation and programs including large-scale food collection and distribution, warehouse management, agency onboarding and involvement, childhood and community hunger programs, nutrition services and volunteer support.
- Achieve aggressive financial and operational goals designed to ensure optimal efficiency, strict financial controls and sound expense management in order to maintain the lowest practical operating costs to continue to deliver the highest possible value to those who rely on the food bank services.
- Oversee all aspects of employee development and training to meet the changing needs of the food bank and our customers.
- Build, cultivate and maintain relationships with Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC partner agencies and their capacity to serve our ultimate clients.
- Responsible for the training and execution of sound and compliant safety guidelines including the safety of all personnel and Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC facilities and equipment, always operating in compliance with legal requirements, OSHA and food safety guidelines / directives.
- Assist CEO in representing Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC in partnership with Feeding America, industry-group conferences, professional associations, and other public venues.
- Ability to execute an annual operating plan that delivers on food bank commitments as reflected in the SHFB strategic plan.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in dealing with staff, agencies and public forums related to internal leadership activities (human resources, administration, and organizational planning).
- Implementation of applicable technology, information management human resources (recruiting, reviews, staff deployment/workload balancing, career progression) with related internal communications and budgeting/finance duties.
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Believe in and exhibit a personal philosophy and passion consistent with Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC’s mission and vision.
- Visionary thinker with the proven ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans.
- Proven business leadership to effectively manage and grow a budget of $8 million through strong analytical; innovative and creative problem solving; organizational planning; budgeting; financial leadership and management; and leading major fundraising activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the important role of culture in an organization and proven capability in creating and facilitating an effective, motivating culture within an organization, as well as modeling impeccable character and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility for achieving goals and delivering results.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal leadership, character and integrity to develop and enhance relationships internally and externally; foster teamwork; work collaboratively with individuals and organizations, and relate well to diverse constituencies and cultures.
- Proven experience in forging and building relationships with community, business, civic, governmental leaders and the media.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, especially the ability to persuasively and comfortably deliver public presentations and media interaction.
- Dynamic, high energy, personable, outgoing, focused, committed to excellence.
- Results-oriented, appropriate attention to details without getting bogged down in the weeds.
- Proven ability to develop and lead a high-performing team.
- 10 years or more of experience as a progressively responsible executive or senior level manager with corporate sector experience, highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in business, public administration, non-profit management, social work or related field.
- Demonstrated experience serving in a decision-making capacity with a non-profit organization(s) as an executive or board member capacity required (minimum of 5 years).
- Familiarity with food banking / poverty issues desired.
- Outstanding communication skills in both internal and external forums; experience dealing with press, media or other external organizations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence within a large organization as well as within the community.
||March 31, 2017
|How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Shalena Krumm, PNP Staffing Group, at email@example.com.
|About the Organization
In North Carolina, nearly 1.8 million people are experiencing food insecurity. Thousands of Northwest North Carolinians are struggling to put adequate food on the table, including 1 in 4 children experiencing food insecurity compared to 1 in 6 nationwide. Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina reduces hunger and malnutrition in 18 counties in the Northwest North Carolina region through education, outreach, advocacy and collaborative partnerships with others working to create and support long-term, positive change for families. By serving as a resource and partner for more than 450 on-the-ground food assistance programs, Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC last year provided 25 million meals for local communities assisting nearly 300,000 food insecure neighbors, including 100,000 children living at risk of hunger. Additionally, the Food Bank has launched the Triad Community Kitchen (TCK) Culinary Training Program, which is a one of a kind program in the region. The TCK initiative graduates between 60-80 students per year, ensuring they are employment ready. Selected graduates go on to participate in the Providence Restaurant’s Hospitality Residency Program, where they are encouraged to obtain further training and professional development through continued study. With the table set in this essential way, the food bank’s mission expands in local communities in partnership with others doing important work to find solutions that will help families achieve the stability and self-sufficiency they want and deserve.
Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC seeks a COO with demonstrated leadership, strong business acumen and a deep commitment to reducing hunger and malnutrition. This role will transition to serve as Second Harvest Food Bank Northwest NC’s CEO by mid-2018. Reporting to the current CEO, the COO will have primary responsibility for the full internal day to day running of Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC operations, as well as critical external support for various agency, fundraising and other community efforts. The COO will work with the CEO and Board to develop and execute a robust strategic plan with additional responsibility for achieving aggressive goals and objectives for assigned functional areas. As an ambassador of organizational culture, the COO will work with the CEO to champion the purpose and mission of the food bank as well as support employee growth and development.