|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
||May 12, 2017
||Information Technology Specialist – Level 2
||Information Technology Specialist – Level 2 position available in Maplewood, MN
- Support end-users with IT-related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner. • Setup, management, and maintenance of IT-related equipment.
- Manage time and projects effectively.
- Help put processes in place to maintain a stable network environment.
- Training staff with IT related equipment.
- Lead project work as assigned to grow the technology infrastructure of the organization.
- Lead the more complex troubleshooting issues.
- Lead the installation, and implementation of systems.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to our fixed asset inventories.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization surrounding hardware and software technologies and how these technologies can assist the business being especially proactive with new technologies.
- Maintain hardware and software maintenance agreements to ensure integrity of operations processes.
- Owns the backup and archive jobs, to ensure that we have an exceptional disaster recovery plan.
- Help provide assistance to our remote workforce and ensuring they have the equipment and resources to meet their needs.
- Provide Level 2 technical expertise and act as a backup for the general needs of the IT department (help desk support tickets, projects, etc).
- Creates and maintains desk top and laptop images.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- At least 2 year technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in IT or Business Systems
- Organized, thorough, and has great attention to detail
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking basics
- Able to install, configure, troubleshoot and support Windows clients and servers
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an understanding of technology as well as the ability to apply solution to business problems (ability to ask the right questions)
- Effectively communication orally, electronically, and in writing with all levels of the organization using top notch customer service.
- Does well with minimal “hands on” training and can pickup new skills quickly and can “take the ball and run with it”
- Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions
- Can consistently follow protocol and instructions
- Can work independently with little management direction
- Document process, procedures, and results
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills
- Passionate, optimistic, and has internal inspiration to get things done
||June 11, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
This is a level 2 help desk support position. A majority of this person’s time will be spent responding to requests submitted via our online support ticket system, emails, phone calls, and in-person visits. Any time left over will be spent working on projects to help grow the organization’s technology infrastructure.