|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
||May 12, 2017
||Distribution Center Inventory Manager
||Distribution Center Inventory Manager position available in Maplewood, MN
- Lead and manage all physical inventory counting processes and the resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Act as the sole owner of all inventory adjustments in partnership with Finance/Accounting and provide “gate keeping” oversight and approval for all NAV transactions that could adversely impact the food bank inventory.
- Manage and control proper inventory for CSFP, TEFAP, purchased and donated product in accordance with state, local and national regulations.
- Act as the liaison between SHH and government departments that manage the CSFP and TEFAP programs. Identify, communicate and resolve any issues in partnership with the DC Manager Food Bank Operations and the government assigned owners of the CSFP and TEFAP programs.
- Ensure all products are accurately and properly setup in NAV.
- Ensure all product movement is recorded accurately and in a timely manner including transfers to and from Second Harvest Heartland West Operations.
- Partner with the DC Manager to ensure all product is properly tagged and put away accurately.
- Partner with Procurement and Agency Services to manage inventory levels in all categories and to drive appropriate turnover to optimize the capacity of the warehouse and to minimize product waste driven by expiration before distribution.
- Partner with the Director of Food Bank Operations to make pricing decisions that vary from the SHH FBC pricing schedule.
- Partner with Procurement to manage and maintain proper inventory levels for special programs such as Food + You and Health & Hunger along with purchase items.
- Partner with the Feeding MN Manager to manage and accurately execute Cluster and FMP inventory programs that SHH establishes with these critical partners.
- Lead and ensure accuracy with all NAV “transactions” that impact the warehouse inventory such as; product receipts, item conversions, item transfers between East and West, waste recording etc.
- Ensure all inbound and outbound products and supplies are accurately accounted for at all times.
- Manage and deliver all inventory related reporting such as Blue Receipts etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in management preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of supervisory inventory control experience, preferably in a multi-temperature food distribution environment.
- Experienced motivational people manager.
- Strong organization skills.
- Advanced computer skills specifically Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Wide Inventory Management Systems.
- Positive customer service orientation.
- Ability to analyze business problems, identify gaps, discover root causes and lead the effort in partnership with others to solve problems and deliver results.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to give clear written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy when working with diverse populations.
- Ability to adapt to varied work environments; flexibility.
- Sense of urgency and adherence to deadlines.
- Food safety certification preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Second Harvest Heartland.
||June 11, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
Manage the inventory control functions of the warehouse and assist the Distribution Center Manager – Food Bank Operations with the daily functions of the warehouse. Supervise and drive accuracy and productivity with all inventory functions including by not exclusive to cycle counts, government commodity programs (CSFP, TEFAP) cluster orders/allocations, FIFO/FEFO processes, waste management processes, off-site inventory, product returns and box packing program raw goods. Partner with all necessary departments to ensure accuracy and to resolve inventory discrepancies. Maintain accurate record keeping in compliance with all government laws and Feeding America/AIB standards. Support the DC Manager with the execution of the Second Harvest Heartland Recall Process & Procedures to ensure 100% compliance.