|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
||September 8, 2017
||Agency Services Coordinator
||Agency Services Coordinator position available in Maplewood, MN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Service & Support
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Partner Agency questions, requests and concerns.
- Manage all order processing and logistics – Internal orders; AE orders; TEFAP orders; Delivery & Pick-ups; credit requests.
- Provide technical assistance to Agency Partners and internal partners related to the ordering process – both by phone and in-person consultation in the field.
- Respond to Agency Partner complaints/issues in a timely and supportive way, working in collaboration with other internal teams to resolve them.
- Collect, track and analyze Quality of Service data, identifying systems issues and recommending opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively communicate with Partner Agencies regarding services, hour changes, food safety information, and other information as needed. Product Marketing and Movement
- Consult regularly with Agency Partners and advise them in best practices for meeting their current and future product needs.
- Consult daily with DC and Food Sourcing teams to recommend strategies for: increased movement/turns of close-dated product; additional distribution avenues for large quantities of product; increased pounds distributed to Agency Partners; ideas for internal process improvement and increased efficiencies.
- Organize and manage special events for Agency Partners to increase distribution of product.
- Design and pilot efficacy of new products/offerings that could increase pounds distributed to Agency Partners. Food Safety and Quality
- Provide expertise to Agency Partner questions related to food dating and food safety. • Lead communication process with Agency Partners regarding all food safety or quality issues, including implementation of recall processes.
- Ongoing consultation with the DC and Food Sourcing related to accuracy of dating, pack size information and minimum labeling requirements.
ADDITIONAL SPECIALIZED ASSIGNMENTS, SUCH AS:
- Produce Marketing and Movement
- Consult regularly with Agency Partners and internal partners to recommend strategies for: year-round and seasonal produce engagement opportunities; increased produce pounds distributed; design and piloting of new product products/offerings.
- Support the logistics and tracking of produce drop orders – placing orders, providing direction on how to fulfill the orders, directly communicating with Agency staff re: produce orders Volunteer Management
- Collaborate with Volunteer Services to design volunteer opportunities and recruit for positions.
- On-board, train and manage Agency Services volunteers to best utilize volunteer skills and time to meet the needs of Agency Partners and increase efficiencies with Agency Services. Back-up to Agency Shopping Coordinator: Provides basic back up to Agency Shopping Coordinator:
- Staff Agency Shopping and manage all order processing and logistics.
- Ensure Agency Shopping is well-stocked with a balanced selection of product.
- Load pallets into Agency vehicles using the proper warehouse forklift equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS: • High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred. • Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, cooperative, initiative and numerical aptitude.
- Time management techniques in adhering to deadlines and balancing workload.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
- Experience in general data base management and data entry. Experience specifically with the Navision inventory management system preferred. Intermediate knowledge of the Navision inventory management system.
- Proven knowledge and ability in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be flexible to work additional hours as necessary to meet time-sensitive tasks on a daily or weekly basis.
||October 8, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
POSITION SUMMARY: The objective of this position is to ensure a high level of customer service to Agency Partners as well as increased product promotion and movement to be distributed through the Hunger Relief network. This position plays a critical role in internal SHH collaboration to develop strategies for effective product movement to close the missing meal gap in our service area. This position staffs the Agency Services desk that serves as our main point of contact for Agency Partners.