|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
||May 12, 2017
||Agency Relations Manager
||Agency Relations Manager position available in Maplewood, MN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development and Strengthening of the SHH Partner Agency Network
- Serve as primary responsible for formulating and executing communication and engagement strategy that supports effective collaboration between SHH and 350+ Agency Partners.
- Ensure strategic investment by SHH in our partner network to continually motivate and support higher levels engagement in the fight to end hunger.
- Maintain up-to-date technical expertise and awareness of innovations and best practices generated across the SHH network, and nationally among peer Feeding America member food banks.
- Promote and support the adoption of promising and best-practices across the SHH partner network, leveraging internal SHH and external network expertise through such means as webinars, toolkits, technical working groups, peer-to-peer advising, conferences, etc.
- Assess and track changes in barriers and opportunities for increased efficiency across the network as a whole, communicating and engaging internal SHH stakeholders as needed to be responsive to trends.
- Nurture close relationship and engagement of leaders across the SHH network through such mechanisms as agency advisory committees, targeted community dialogues, network weaving and conferences.
- Serve as a key technical resource and advocate for SHH Agency partners, nurturing a trusting relationship through in-person visits, and regular phone and email communication.
- Track trends in the health of the network as a whole and develop strategies that respond to emerging areas of challenge and take advantage of growth opportunities.
- Serve as primary responsible to ensure SHH and Partner Agency compliance with 170e3 Federal Tax Code, federal civil rights, food safety standards, federal TEFAP program and agency related Feeding America regulations.
- Develop and maintain an effective compliance program within Agency Relations to ensure that Second Harvest Heartland is ‘audit ready’ for any external compliance monitoring visits, including but not limited to: drafting standards of practice; training; internal audits; and staff performance management.
- Monitor SHH performance against Feeding America county distribution expectations on a quarterly basis and implement corrective action as needed.
- Track broader trends in incidence of Agency Partner non-compliance and guide the Agency Relations team’s action to address network-wide weaknesses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum 5 years of work experience in relevant work areas/roles.
- Previous work experience in direct service provision and/or program evaluation.
- Experience collaborating successfully within complex conditions both inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated success in selling ideas, motivating participation and negotiating terms of partnership in equitable manner.
- Ability to create and manage complex budgets.
- Ability to provide leadership and influence to non-employee staff.
- Strong writing, communications and presentation skills.
- English verbal and written fluency, other language skills a plus.
- Intellectual quickness, honesty, curiosity, discipline, resourcefulness and resilience.
- Flexible, efficient and enthusiastic work style, as an individual and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated passion for hunger-relief, with commitment to improving people’s lives
- Knowledge of Navision preferred.
||June 11, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
This position is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the Second Harvest Heartland Agency Relations Team. The Agency Relations Manager is a key contributor to SHH’s delivery of quality services and partnership with food shelf and meal program partner agencies, with the aim of maximizing the volume and efficiency of food distribution in the SHH service area. The Agency Relations Manager works closely with the SHH Leadership Team to define and support the design and implementation of processes and systems that support operational excellence and organizational strategic priorities. Success in this role requires excellent communication, analytical and change management skills, as well as the ability to work with a highly diverse set of people and organizations.