|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
||June 5, 2017
||Agency Relations Account Specialist
||Agency Relations Account Specialist position available in Maplewood, MN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Network Capacity for Increased Food Access
- Responsible to meet performance goals in assigned region related to: pounds/meals distributed, number of distribution sites, and collaborative community responses to hunger relief.
- Facilitate Agency Partner and community dialogue to identify needs and opportunities to leverage local solutions to increase food access.
- Drive increased inter-agency and multi-sectoral collaboration to increase hunger relief system efficiency.
- Identify opportunity for and develop relationships with prospective new Agency Partners, focusing on under-served geographic and demographic communities.
- Facilitate interagency peer advising, dissemination of lessons learned and promising practices.
- Serve as technical expert in a range of best practices related to food safety, service delivery models, produce management, increasing nutritional value of food distributed and engagement with federal nutrition programs such as SNAP and NAPS.
- Nurture open and honest relationships between SHH and Agency Partners to better meet our collective mission.
- Support a more interconnected network of Agency Partners and community-based organizations through increased multi-sector connections and facilitated relationship building.
- Ensure that agency feedback is shared internally with appropriate SHH staff and immediate problem resolution occurs
- Identify and support system changes and sustainable solutions for increased quality of service to Agency Partners.
- Represent SHH and provide leadership in interagency collaborative working groups and task forces as needed.
- Seek ways to engage with Agency Partners that increases visibility of their work in the community and their promising and innovative strategies to respond to hunger and increase broader food access in their community.
- Provide consistent customer service and problem resolution in a ways that supports Second Harvest Heartland’s brand and image to the Agency Partner and broader community audiences.
- Conduct monitoring visits for each Agency Partner at least once every two years to compliance with Feeding America, 170(e)3, Food Safety and SHH Partner Agreement requirements, and provide ongoing technical assistance and management of non-compliance as needed.
- Monitor for TEFAP compliance, including Civil Rights for eligible agencies.
- Stay abreast and serve as technical expert on all regulatory standards (e.g. government, Feeding America and SHH).
- Provide orientation and coaching support for new and current staff related to Feeding America, 170(e)3, Food Safety and SHH Partner Agreement compliance as well as Second Harvest Heartland processes and sector best practices.
- Monitor CSFP distribution sites as assigned.
- Keep all records and information for Partner Agency accounts well organized and up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Bi-lingual fluency preferred
- Experience working with community based/nonprofit organizations required with hunger relief, food access and community organizing experience preferred
- Ability to research, analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Independent decision maker
- High quality customer service skills (exhibit objectivity, calmness and helpfulness)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to set own priorities and work independently
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft office programs and computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
||July 8, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
This position supports the health and strength of the SHH Agency Partner hunger relief network. The Account Specialist drives increased collaboration and engagement within the network, as well as across other sectors for a client and community centered approach to SHH’s mission of ending hunger. The person in this position is responsible for maintaining strong relationships between Second Harvest Heartland (SHH) and Agency Partners. The portfolio for this position is made up of Food Shelves, Backpack Programs and Produce Distributions located in the following counties: MN – Ramsey, Washington, Anoka, Isanti, Chisago, and Pine and WI – Pierce, St. Croix, Polk, and Burnett. This position is also responsible for all aspects of compliance monitoring. This is a remote position.