|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
||October 27, 2017
||2nd Shift Supervisor
||2nd Shift Supervisor position available in Maplewood, MN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partner with the DC Manager to ensure all policies and processes are followed to ensure safe food products are distributed to agencies and employees are safe at all times.
• Act as the direct 2nd Shift floor supervisor to ensure efficient movement of product into and out of the DC.
• Organize and maintain bin storage areas to maximize capacity and minimize product handling.
• Create daily Warehouse Activity Plans; pick lists for dry, freezer and cooler.
• Ensure orders are picked accurately and efficiently.
• Oversee outgoing product to member agencies and ensure staff provides outstanding customer service to agencies and guests in the warehouse.
• Ensure picking slots are replenished and product moves are recorded accurately in NAV.
• Organize and maintain the storage of product to adhere to Feeding America, OSHA, AIB, Department of Health and other regulatory authorities to ensure safe food is distributed to our customers and that we adhere to safe work practices.
• Audit orders filled from pick lists for accuracy and pallet build quality. Report findings to the Distribution Center Manager and coach 2nd shift employees to correct and avoid repeated mistakes.
• Assist staff and agencies with shipping questions and concerns.
• Ensure facility and material handling equipment is maintained properly to meet health and safety industry standards.
• Oversee cleaning and organization of shipping, storage and picking areas.
• Observe employee performance, coach and counsel, maintain written records.
• Track & monitor 2nd shift working hours on ADP and manage PTO requests.
• Assist in the resolution of inventory discrepancies.
• Fulfill AIB obligations of the Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs by participating in annual training and education, daily upkeep of assigned documents and practicing food safety through the use of SOPs and GMPs.
• Comply with AIB inspection procedures and make sure assigned employees are completing documentation.
• Follow safety regulations relating to OSHA or other company-related regulations.
• Utilize designated inventory program to efficiently track product location and inventory levels.
• Process accurate paperwork in relation to all processes and policies.
• Identify operational and team culture opportunities and provide solutions that drive continuous improvement and innovation..
• Perform all duties in a safe manner, following all safety rules as listed within the safety manual and comply with any additional supervisory communication relating to safety practices and procedures.
• Experience in a staff management and leadership roles.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task with strong follow-through skills to meet deadlines
• Leadership and accountability
• Knowledge and skills needed: Warehouse management system experience, electric pallet jack experience preferred, previous warehouse experience preferred, knowledge of or ability to learn designated computer software, ability to perform basic mathematics with strong spatial relations capabilities, understanding of inventory principles.
• Special abilities required: ability to adapt to varied work requirements, work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers, tact and diplomacy in dealing with diversity and communicate verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
• Strong people skills: ability to positively represent Second Harvest Heartland to volunteers and team members in providing them a meaningful experience.
• Formal education or special training required: high school graduate, previous customer service experience preferred and willingness to obtain any necessary certification, license or registration.
Eligible for our competitive benefits package
||November 19, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
Lead the 2nd shift team and manage all aspects of the 2nd shift duties and responsibilities in partnership with the DC Manager. Directly supervise the 2nd shift team that consists of DC Associates, Material Handling Associates and Order Fulfillment Specialists. Oversee all DC operations during 2nd shift which includes, but is not limited to receiving inbound shipments, product put-away, picking and staging of agency orders, loading trailers and maximizing warehouse capacity, organization and cleanliness. This role integrates NAV warehouse management system inventory controls and physical order picking to ensure customer orders are fulfilled accurately and efficiently. Ensure the storage and handling of product is in compliance with Feeding America, AIB, donor and health department standards and regulations. Ensure all OSHA safety regulations are adhered to by all employees.