|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
Golden Valley, MN
||May 12, 2017
||Volunteer Ambassador/Production Assistant
||Volunteer Ambassador/Production Assistant position available in Golden Valley, MN
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate a best in class volunteer experience through strong ambassadorship for the mission of SHH.
- Fulfill the obligations of the Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs by participating in annual training and education, daily upkeep of assigned documents and practicing food safety through the use of SOPs and GMPs. Volunteer Hospitality
- Greet visitors, volunteers and groups, helping create a great first impression as they prepare for their volunteer shift.
- Communicate the Second Harvest Heartland story, mission, and impact to volunteer groups during the introduction/orientation each shift.
- Ensure all “extras” (photos, posters, and/or special information) are completed in a professional and timely way.
- Solicit financial donations and repeat visits from volunteers/donors.
- Orient and train volunteers on packing food product, including food & physical safety and quality procedures.
- Monitor packing area, including proper packing, sealing, and boxing of food product;
- Ensure adherence to SHH safety and food quality policies and procedures.
- As requested, complete production and volunteer reports after each packing shift.
- Participate in daily team meetings, team trainings, and all-staff events.
- Secure the building after volunteers depart.
- Assist the clean-up of packing area, preparation of food product containers, and packing materials for next volunteer group.
- Set up, manage and clean-up projects by completing production log, replenishing supplies, remove empty or completed pallets, compact garbage/cardboard, etc.
- Assist in all other warehouse functionality to ensure a seamless repack operation.
- Answer calls, route and provide directions to callers as appropriate.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Update the electronic “Welcome” board daily for visitors and volunteer groups.
- Maintain the front desk, lobby, orientation room, volunteer lounge and community room are neat and clean.
- Receive food and cash donation using the Record of Donation form.
- Assist with AIB and other regulatory assignments to ensure a food safe environment.
- Coordinate room reservations, provide administrative support and ensure front area coverage during peak hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Commitment to support, promote and authentically communicate Second Harvest Heartland’s mission.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude to be reflected amongst other staff and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal communication and large group presentation skills, including demonstrated public speaking experience.
- Experience soliciting donations desired.
- Assertiveness and ability to coordinate and delegate.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to troubleshoot. • Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to respectfully communicate and work with diverse community groups varying in age, religion, denomination, ethnicity, ability level, etc.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and use a variety of motor skills including pushing and pulling, bending, twisting, fine manual dexterity, etc.
- Ability to perform responsibly, follow directions, and use good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to operate a forklift and/or hand jack desired, but not required. Training will be provided.
||June 11, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
Being ever mindful of the organization’s Vision and Values, giving a great “first impression” experience through excellent customer service, production shift team support, create a positive volunteer experience, support volunteer food-packing groups of 10-100 youth and adult volunteers, and ensure quality packing of Second Harvest Heartland food product.