|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
Golden Valley, MN
||May 12, 2017
||Production Supervisor position available in Golden Valley, MN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill AIB obligations of the Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs by participating in annual training and education, daily upkeep of assigned documents and practicing food safety through the use of SOPs and GMPs.
- Strive to contribute towards innovation, creativity and continuous improvement in processes and superior volunteer engagement.
- Maintain behavior reflective of SHH’s Vision and Values.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet daily and weekly production goals within the production team.
- Supervise, train and work directly with Manager/HR in dealing with personnel related issues. • Conduct written annual performance reviews for Production Associate (PA) team.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, following all safety rules as listed within the safety manual and comply with any additional supervisory communication relating to safety practices and procedures.
- Determine the priority of perishable goods vs short code dates vs customer needs.
- Oversee a systematic Quality Assurance (QA) using standard quality control methods and techniques to implement food safety and food quality requirements.
- Oversee the rotation of raw materials and supplies including: boxes, labels, tape, etc. and complete order replenishment as needed.
- Ensure a smooth and superior volunteer experience through team focused, advance planning.
- Utilize NAV to effectively track production data to improve volunteer efficiencies.
- Oversee product traceability from source product to assembled good using Production Code Lot.
- Prototype and prepare ingredient labels, packaging material and label printout for daily production needs.
- Follow safety guidelines relating to OSHA or other company-related regulations.
- Complete food safety training within the first 6 months of employment. Maintain Food Safety Certification.
- Backfill for Inventory Specialist for all NAV transaction and processing including Assembly orders, Transfer orders, and inventory reconciliation.
- Backup Operations Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some post high school education desired.
- 2 + years of success supervisory experience in a production and warehouse environment.
- Willingness to obtain any necessary certification, license or registration.
- Experience in designing creative solutions to meet donor requirements into finished, retail-ready packaged food.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Special abilities required: ability to adapt to varied work requirements, work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers, tact and diplomacy in dealing with diversity and communicate verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Strong people skills: ability to positively represent Second Harvest Heartland to volunteers and team members in providing them a meaningful experience.
- Ability to multi-task with strong follow-through skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to apply general logic rules to specific problems to produce answers and solutions that make sense.
- Possess the capacity to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Knowledge of raw materials, NAV item creation/assembly, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and repack of goods.
- Knowledge and skills needed: electric forklift and pallet jack experience preferred, previous warehouse experience preferred, knowledge of or ability to learn designated computer software, ability to perform basic mathematics with strong spatial relations capabilities, understanding of inventory principles.
||June 11, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supporting operations by leading the Production Associates, Ambassadors and volunteer groups in various rework/repack capacities ensuring food is wholesome and retail-ready for distribution. The Production Supervisor will lead the daily planning, setup and execution of volunteer production with supervisory focus on code compliance, food safety and personnel safety. This role integrates NAV inventory knowledgebase, product management and quality control to ensure consumer product consistency, efficient product turnaround and effective processing from bulk to finished good.