|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Heartland
Golden Valley, MN
||July 20, 2017
||Production Associate position available in Golden Valley, MN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill the obligations of the Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs by participating in annual training and education, daily upkeep of assigned documents and practicing food safety through the use of SOPs and GMPs in managing the daily volunteer production.
- Strive and contribute to innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
- Maintain behavior to reflect that of SHH’s Vision and Values.
- Act as backup to Production Lead as needed.
- Train and supervise volunteers to repack/rework in ways that promote food safety, personnel safety and productivity.
- Engage with volunteers to assure a positive, meaningful experience at SHH. • Promote a safe, welcoming environment for volunteers.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, follow all safety rules as listed within the safety manual and comply with any additional supervisory communication relating to safety practices and procedures.
- Ensure that the workstations are setup, tested and ready for constant flowing of product without unnecessary stoppage.
- Utilize designated computerized inventory programs and equipment to efficiently support the distribution center systems.
- Weigh, record and document product for inventory adjustments and traceability purposes.
- Monitor equipment and maintain daily upkeep of: pallet jacks, forklift, tape system, conveyer system, label printer, etc.
- Cross-train to be able to perform responsibilities in other areas of the Service Center.
- Maintain daily responsibilities of the Housekeeping Schedule by cleaning and sanitizing assigned work zone.
- Follow food safety and safety regulations relating to OSHA, AIB, USDA and other company-related regulations.
- Handle food safely and complete Servsafe Food Handler certification within the first 1 month of employment. Maintain Food Safety and Forklift Certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure smooth operation of SHH West.
- Leadership abilities.
- Knowledge and skills needed: electric forklift and pallet jack experience preferred, previous warehouse experience preferred, knowledge of or ability to learn designated computer software, ability to perform basic mathematics with strong spatial relations capabilities, understanding of inventory principles.
- Special abilities required: ability to adapt to varied work requirements, flexibility; ability to work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers, tact and diplomacy in dealing with diversity, ability to both speak and write English, ability to follow both written and verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Strong people and verbal skills: ability to positively represent Second Harvest Heartland to volunteers, communicate safe food handling practices in food packaging and provide them with a meaningful experience.
- Formal education or special training required: high school graduate, previous customer service experience preferred and willingness to obtain any necessary certification, license or registration.
Benefits eligible on the first of the month following 30 days of employment
||August 4, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply. Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors.
The Production Associate is responsible for supporting SHH West operations by working directly with the Production Coordinator and volunteer groups repacking all cross dock and bulk items including labeling shiners, repack dry goods like rice and pasta, working with product reclamation items being repacked, sorting food drive items and other rework project as needed. Work directly with volunteers in maximizing rework efficiency and facilitates an environment that encompasses pride, enjoyment and a fulfilling experience.