|Food Bank Name
||Food Bank of Northwest Indiana, Inc.
||May 5, 2017
||Director of Development
||Director of Development position available in Gary, IN
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with and involving top-level board members and other volunteers in development efforts. Proven ability to initiate action and motivate others.
- Personnel management techniques and experience.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Excellent writing skills, including grant proposal development and business correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills to strongly present the case for the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana.
- Team player, willingness to help others achieve success in fundraising campaigns.
- Computer literacy including word processing, database and online platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop and implement fundraising and program strategy to support mission and goals of the Food Bank.
- Establishes, forecasts, and evaluates fundraising potential, researches and identifies sources of funds to support Food Bank programs.
- Develops budget, action plans, methods, materials, procedures, and reports for each event and campaign to enhance effectiveness and maximize revenue. Works with Food Bank staff to coordinate and run successful events and campaigns.
- Develop fundraising strategy for direct mail appeals, seasonal campaigns, and special events; tracks, monitors, and evaluates results of mailings; identifies and implements new approaches to direct mail campaigns.
- Establishes and implements guidelines for donor stewardship and recognition; creates recognition letters and develops means of stewardship for donors that effectively and enthusiastically convey the organization’s appreciation.
- Cultivates foundation, corporate and government relationships; identifies grant requirements and time frames; prepares and submits grant proposals which are clear, complete, specific and reflect the energy, urgency, priorities and mission of the Food Bank in order to maximize income goals; collaborates with finance and program staff to ensure appropriate grant reporting, documentation, and required follow up.
- Cultivates relationships with donors.
- Develops and manages the donor database, with the support of the Development Manager, to ensure the integrity of donor information, timely processing of gifts, and accuracy of information.
- Develops a Planned Giving program by working with financial institutions and community groups to provide information to individuals concerning the benefits and process for establishing a planned gift ( i.e. wills, trust and bequests).
- Provides leadership and support to the Food Bank’s Capital Campaign; Assist with Capital Campaign fundraising efforts, including the solicitation and cultivation of major donors, in-kind support, and grant opportunities; collaborate with Campaign steering committee, Board of Directors, and other community stakeholders to ensure Campaign goals are met.
- Serves as a key spokesperson; builds and maintains appropriate external relationships and coalitions. Stays abreast of relevant development opportunities with various community groups and agencies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of Food Bank’s development programs. Develops and implements innovative strategies for continually improving Food Bank’s impact, effectiveness, and quality of fundraising activities.
- Hires, trains, and motivates a competent Development staff committed to the mission and values of the Food Bank. Coaches and develops staff to maximize performance; makes recommendations for the Executive Director effecting salary and employment decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS Director Level: Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience/education/training/certifications preferred. A minimum of five years of fundraising experience in nonprofit; proven track record in developing and executing fundraising activities; experience with capital campaigns preferred; direct mail management experience; good organizational ability; highly developed written and verbal skills; experience in Microsoft Office suite preferred, valid Driver’s License and own transportation for work-related responsibilities. Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines. Results-orientated and a passion for creativity. Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Salesforce and online giving platforms a plus. WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; extensive external contact; some travel, driving, walking, standing, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing in excess of 20 pounds; computer work; some extended hours. Warehouse environment.
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
||June 4, 2017
|How to Apply
Email résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|About the Organization
The Food Bank of Northwest Indiana has been leading the Region’s fight against hunger since 1982 and distributes more than 4.2 million meals each year to hungry kids, adults and seniors across Lake and Porter counties. Each month the Food Bank serves more than 22,000 individuals and families through its 100+ partner agencies and programs like Pantry on the Go, Commodity Supplemental Food Program for seniors and the BackPack program. Visit foodbanknwi.org to learn more and join the fight against hunger in Northwest Indiana.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing and directing all aspects of fundraising activities of the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana. This includes, but is not limited to, Corporate/Foundation Gifts, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Special Event, Grants, and Direct Mail. Strong focus will be placed on the annual fund and generating gifts from individuals, new prospects, and expanding fundraising efforts within the service territory as well as maximizing existing campaigns and events.
Minimum of five years successful fundraising experience, including planning and campaigns involving multiple fundraising platforms and strategies; managing a development staff; working directly with high-level volunteers; and direct solicitation of potential major donors.