||Georgia Mountain Food Bank
||August 2, 2017
||Volunteer Coordinator position available in Gainesville, GA
- Works with all departments to identify opportunities for utilizing volunteer resources.
- Creates and implements strategies to recruit volunteers to meet departmental needs.
- Schedules and maintains daily and weekend volunteer shifts Updates and maintains volunteer database. Tracks volunteer hours. Creates and generates volunteer utilization reports.
- Participates in Volunteer Fairs and conducts presentations to community organizations.
- Creates and implements volunteer recognition events.
- Leads volunteer improvement team and general volunteer team leader recruitment and orientation.
- Assist in Special Events by setting up volunteer support or as requested by Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director with certain GMFB accounts and may assist with other Development activities as requested by Executive Director.
- Works with Corporate Partners to organize special corporate volunteer events at GMFB.
- Develops, updates and conducts volunteer orientation and other volunteer training programs.
- Assists in preparation for GMFB programs, such as the Mobile Pantry Program, Munch Bunch After-school Snacks, Senior Brown Bags, and Food Drives. Responsible for product allocation with warehouse staff.
- Serves as back up to management in the areas of Programs and Public Awareness. Represents the Food Bank at public functions including community events, chamber events, etc.
- Employee will also assist with general food bank office operations when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience (at least 2 years experience working in a non-profit development role)
- Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Must be dependable, conscientious, and enthusiastic, have excellent communication skills and possess the willingness to work with and help others.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience in developing creative sourcing and recruiting strategies
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with various computer programs including—Word, Excel and Access.
- Display a high respect for the value of volunteer time and effort
- Must be flexible and able to work independently without close supervision. Must possess advanced writing skills and basic skills in typing, computer operation and formatting correspondence.
- Must possess the ability to work under changing circumstances, yet remain tactful and professional.
- Must be adept at telephone communications and willing to accept and perform other related duties when assigned.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting GMFB’s mission; Shows compassion and an appreciation for hunger issues.
The Georgia Mountain Food Bank offers competitive salaries as well as a generous company paid benefits package to the employee including health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance.
||August 31, 2017
|How to Apply
Applications and/or resumes can be submitted via email to Jobs@gamountainfoodbank.org or via fax to 770-534-1800, please include salary requirements.
|About the Organization
Georgia Mountain Food Bank’s (GMFB) mission is to address hunger, health and quality of life by serving those in need throughout North Georgia. GMFB provides a vital link between sources of food supplies and hardworking community-based partner agencies who help get the food into the hands of families and individuals who need it. Whether it’s distributing food or serving the community through outreach programs, initiatives and resources, Georgia Mountain Food Bank’s time to serve is now.
Grow and maintain volunteer support for Georgia Mountain Food Bank through individual, corporate, organizational, church, and school recruitment efforts. Work with GMFB Directors and Staff in determining how volunteer resources can be best utilized within respective departments and create plan and strategy for recruiting such volunteer talent. Create an ongoing recognition program that continually demonstrates GMFB volunteer appreciation.
Some work is performed in a warehouse with a significant amount of walking on concrete surfaces. Entrances may be open and work conditions during the summer months can be very hot, and during the winter very cold. Employee may be going in and out of freezers and coolers with extreme variations in temperature. Workspace could be very dusty, and on occasions can be noisy due to the traffic of motorized vehicles operated in the building. Periodically may work outside and be exposed to the elements. Employee may be exposed to spoiled food and sharp objects due to working with damaged product. Work involves moving boxes and employee must lift, bend, stoop, pick up and move objects up to 50 pounds regularly. Work involves using manual pallet jacks and therefore requires an ability to push and pull pallets to the capacity of the equipment.