|Food Bank Name
||Feeding San Diego
San Diego, CA
||May 1, 2017
||Food Service Donations Coordinator
||Food Service Donations Coordinator position available in San Diego, CA
- Coordinate pickup logistics for food service locations throughout San Diego County with our non-profit partner agencies
- Build and maintain positive donor relationships with routine onsite visitation plan. Ensure all donors have adequate and consistent donation pick-ups
- Identify underperforming food service locations and work with local and regional managers to increase performance
- Donor engagement including monthly donation reports and ongoing recognition program • Maintain donor and partner agency database including pick-up schedule and key contacts via Feeding America web platform - MealConnect
- Ensure food safety standards are maintained at all stores, agencies, and during donation hand off via effective training and monitoring ride along visits
- Create and implement ongoing training program for new and current partner agencies participating in direct pick-ups from food service donors
- Collect donation receipts from agencies
- Problem solve when issues or concerns arise with either donors and/or partner agencies
- Work with PR/Communications colleagues to recognize food service partners where applicable (newsletter, website, etc.)
- Demonstrates a pleasant, professional, and helpful attitude at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: A.A. degree from an accredited college with a concentration of course work in Business Management, Project Management, Social Services, Receiving & Distribution Services or comparable course of study, and experience in the food service industry.
- Preferred: B.A. degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management or Social Service field and experience in a food industry with food safety training or nonprofit environment.
||June 30, 2017
|How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.
|About the Organization
Founded in 2007, Feeding San Diego is the leading hunger-relief organization in San Diego County. The non-profit organization, funded by philanthropic and community support, is devoted to leading our community in the fight against hunger by efficiently providing access to food and nutritious meals. We fight hunger locally through partnerships with purpose, working hand-in-hand with partner agencies, local school districts, corporate partners and a network of volunteers to serve 60,000 children, families and seniors in need each week.
The Food Service Donations Coordinator oversees the day to day operations of Feeding San Diego’s food service donation program including direct work with food service donors to set goals, share opportunity and mobilize food service employees to give at their store’s full potential while maintaining the highest food safety standards. This position is responsible for managing relationships with all community, non-profit partner agencies involved in the program on donation procedures, food safety standards and reporting requirements.
The Food Service Donations Coordinator is responsible for monitoring program progress and creating regular donation reports to share with both regional and national donor contacts. The coordinator also oversees the food service donor recognition program including regular visits, Store of the Quarter honors, monthly blogs and social media accolades, call-ins, milestone achievements, and program anniversaries. This position will also have the opportunity to prospect and solicit new donor accounts.