|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||April 6, 2017
||Warehouse Manager position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Oversee day-to-day warehouse operations including receiving, shipping, inventory, reporting, and facilities maintenance, and food safety.
- Manage personnel, including interviewing, performance reviews, training employees, and preparing work assignments.
- Prepare and verify all reports and record-keeping pertaining to warehouse. This includes shipping and receiving, inventory control, transfers, salvage, storage, rotation, sanitation, dump, safety, pest control, and building maintenance.
- Develop, implement, and adhere to continuous improvement of operating policies and procedures for FSF and Feeding America standards.
- Assist in planning of warehouse functions to include long-term departmental goal setting, work planning, operational analysis and evaluation.
- Ensure proper inspection, handling, storage and distribution of all inventories in accordance with Safe Food Handling, OSHA, and Feeding America guidelines.
- Maintain organizational compliance with OSHA, USDA, AIB, LEED, Feeding America, Department of Health, food industry and other relevant licensing and permitting entities.
- Lead department staff meetings and participate in interdepartmental meetings, ensuring active participation.
- Work closely with the Community Relations department to ensure alignment of Operations goals and objectives with those of Community Relations as they relate to distribution, agency orders, sort/volunteers, and event preparation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of organizational security and safety programs and organizational business continuity and disaster response plans.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the Vice President of Operations (VPO).
- Minimum five years of warehouse and management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
- Facilities management experience with material handling equipment certification.
- Demonstrated industry experience in shipping & receiving, inventory control systems and monitoring.
- Analytical, data interpretation, planning and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and effectively manage execution of new initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with diverse staff and constituencies.
- Strong computer proficiency, including inventory control systems, database management.
- Commitment to the service of others and full support of FSF’s mission and values.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and an insured personal vehicle.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a typical warehouse office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk, hear and smell.
- After business hours work is required occasionally throughout the year in connection with maintenance issues and physical inventories.
- Frequent travel between branches using personal vehicle is required.
- Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
- Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments as well as in public and private venues where special events may be held with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and loud.
Employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
COVERED BY FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA:
- United Healthcare HMO fully covered for employee
- NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee
- $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee
ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dental | United Healthcare DMO and PPO Plan
- Vision | VSP
- Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits:
- Critical Care
- Hospital Advantage
- Accident Indemnity Plan
- Cancer Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,600 per calendar year
- Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
OTHER BENEFITS PROVIDED:
- Paid Time Off
- 136 hours (17 days) for 1-5 years of employment
- 176 hours (22 days) for 5+ years of employment
- Federal holidays off
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
||July 6, 2017
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should email their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, with the position desired in the subject line. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
The Warehouse Manager (WM) is responsible for the overall management and maintenance of the facility and warehouse, including receiving, shipping, inventory support, supervising warehouse associates, sanitation, grounds keeping, and continuous improvement of processes and procedures. The WM will uphold best-practice standards for food safety, inventory control and handling of all Feeding South Florida (FSF) product.