|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||March 28, 2017
||Warehouse Associate position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Complete all assignments in such a way as to maintain the integrity of products through proper inspection, handling and storage procedures in accordance with Safe Food Handling guidelines.
- Pull agency orders quickly and accurately.
- Unload incoming trucks as required. Weigh and verify all products being received and distributed.
- Assign product code(s) to incoming products not previously established in computer system.
- Prepare branch orders for distribution. Verify paperwork associated with all incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Label all stock in accordance with inventory control procedures.
- Ensure proper inspection, handling, storage and distribution of all inventories in accordance with Safe Food Handling, OSHA, Feeding America (FA), Florida Association of Food Banks (FAFB), AIB.
- Ensure, through continuous supervision, monitoring, and reporting procedures, that all standards are met in accordance with:
- Safety Rules, Guidelines and Policies
- Sanitation Program
- Feeding America Guidelines o Inventory Control and Distribution Procedures
- Regulatory Compliance OSHA, County, Fire, Building codes
- Ensure consistent application of “first-in first-out” rule.
- Ensure proper stacking of all products, stock storage spaces, rearrange and restack products.
- Inspect product to determine quality. Accurately record salvageable and unsalvageable inventory. Closely follow guidelines and controls regarding the Salvage Operation to help ensure its integrity.
- Continuously check inventory for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe distribution.
- Perform maintenance and sanitation duties as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks in support of warehouse management as required.
- Provide information to agencies as needed.
- Assist with physical inventory of products.
- Maintain proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
- Maintain forklift charging area.
- Participate in the implementation of Safety Guidelines and Standards.
- Advise management of the need for repairs of facility and equipment.
- Advise management of any safety violations.
- Advise management of any sanitation violations.
- Maintain distribution area stocked with perishables and frozen products available for distribution.
- Maintain allocation areas.
- Emphasize Mission and Values consistently.
- Communicate suggestions, ideas, improvements and other constructive feedback to management
- Assist Vice President of Operations in other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma
- Ability to function in a freezer/cooler environment.
- Basic Math, Reading and Writing Skills in the English language.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Capable of following directions and communicate effectively.
- Capable of working under pressure, completing various assignments responsibly and in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of technology and the Internet.
- Unwavering commitment to quality and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed with demonstrated passion for FSF’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- Strong analytical skills; basic business intuition and common sense.
- Strong work ethic with the tenacity to work under extreme pressure.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Skills in operation and maintenance of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, coolers, freezers, electronic scales, etc.
- Forklift Certification and Material Handling Equipment.
- Preferences: ServSafe Certified, knowledge of Primarius software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a typical warehouse office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk, hear and smell.
- After business hours’ work is required occasionally throughout the year in connection with maintenance issues and physical inventories.
- Frequent travel between branches using personal vehicle is required.
- Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
- Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments as well as in public and private venues where special events may be held with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and loud.
- United Healthcare HMO fully covered for employee
- NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee LIFE INSURANCE
- $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee
ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dental | United Healthcare DMO and PPO Plan
- Vision | VSP
- Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits:
- Critical Care
- Hospital Advantage
- Accident Indemnity Plan
- Cancer Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,600 per calendar year
- Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
OTHER BENEFITS PROVIDED:
- Paid Time Off - 136 hours (17 days) for 1-5 years of employment - 176 hours (22 days) for 5+ years of employment
- Federal holidays off
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
All benefits are subject to change upon prior notice to employees
||June 28, 2017
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should email their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, with the position desired in the subject line. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
The Warehouse Associate (WA) will perform general warehouse duties and assist in the inventory and distribution of all products, incoming and outgoing products received and distributed from the warehouse facility. This includes the physical handling of product, rotation of stock, inspection of boxes and operation of material handling equipment. The WA will also assist in the maintenance of the warehouse as stipulated by Safety and Sanitation guidelines. This position requires accurate record-keeping and extensive interaction with the public and with other team members.