|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park , FL
||January 26, 2017
||Volunteer Coordinator position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Provide excellent customer service, facilitate a positive and meaningful experience for volunteers, motivating and assisting each volunteer as needed.
- Recruit, train and retain volunteers and prepare job descriptions for all volunteer tasks including sort, events, office work, food rescue, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of all FSF volunteer opportunities, including opportunities in each facility, both in the warehouse and in the general office.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of all volunteer recruitment efforts and opportunities, such as recruitment fairs, requests from groups for speakers, websites, public service announcements, etc.
- Provide FSF representation for all such opportunities, seeking assistance from other staff or volunteers when necessary and advertising internally to those departments who require special volunteer talent.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to prepare volunteer recruitment materials and disseminate information about volunteer opportunities through all appropriate media, such as the website, email groups, the newsletter and other promotional materials.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all prospective and actual volunteers, as well as records of all volunteer activities performed and provide current reports about such activities on a regular basis.
- Respond to requests, in a timely manner, for volunteer information that come through the FSF website and help identify resources that may be useful for volunteer recruitment.
- Coordinate intake of volunteers including the completion of registration forms, training and orientation and train other staff to conduct these activities in each branch.
- Design and implement appropriate ways to thank, recognize and honor volunteers for their efforts.
- Work directly with the Sort Coordinator to ensure appropriate staff members are introduced to the volunteer group, pictures are taken, and all opportunities for involvement with FSF are conveyed to the volunteers.
- Promote the mission of FSF and engage volunteers to ensure the ongoing support of volunteers, including the planning and execution of any sort, distribution and/or warehouse events.
- Assist the Vice President of Community Relations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Positive attitude, energetic, good sense of humor — a “people person”
- Minimum two years of volunteer coordination experience, with customer service/relationship management experience
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to speak publicly and write well
- Strong computer Skills: Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and other database proficiency.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team on several projects simultaneously.
- Sensitivity to diverse populations with the ability to serve people in a compassionate, patient, friendly and courteous manner, showing sincere interest in people’s concerns (Bi-lingual preferred)
- Ability to manage time efficiently, while under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work productively without constant supervision.
- Experience and comfort with training and teaching others.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, including a demonstrated impartiality to certain organizations, agencies, groups or individuals.
- Possession of a current and valid Florida’s driver’s license, liability insurance and a clean driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50 lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50 lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a warehouse and office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- After business hours work is required occasionally throughout the year.
- Frequent travel between quad-county areas using personal vehicle is required.
- Occasional same day, out-of-town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
- Occasional overnight, out-of-town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
||March 27, 2017
|How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should please email their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
The primary objective of the Volunteer Coordinator (VC) is to coordinate the overall Feeding South Florida (FSF) volunteer program including the recruitment and training of volunteers for the main warehouse and special events. This position will supervise volunteers and work closely with the Sort Coordinator and other team members to ensure a positive, meaningful and fun experience for FSF’s volunteers. The VC is one of the most visible representatives of FSF and therefore must ensure excellent customer service. The ideal candidate is energetic, hard-working, organized, is a master multi-tasker and thrives in a fast-paced environment. (This position is a Tuesday-Saturday position.)