|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||April 18, 2017
||Food Procurement Manager (FPM)
||Food Procurement Manager (FPM) position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Increase and maintain the inbound food supply for the food bank, including produce, dry product, protein, and all food necessary for programs and distribution.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains major food industry donors, while simultaneously expanding and maintaining current donors.
- Assists with the preparation of the Food Industry solicitation plan, as part of the annual Development Plan, which includes incoming product goals and specific measurable objectives, strategies and timetables.
- Provide timely inbound and outbound communications to all impacted departments.
- Works with the Development Coordinator to follow up with donors, and ensure the timely and accurate acknowledgment of all donor gifts. Ensures that donor records are updated and maintained.
- Research, extract, and develop data analysis for targeted food-raising.
- Meets and preferably exceeds aggressive food donation goals set by the Development Plan.
- Engages the public as needed to create awareness and to educate the community about FSF.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the VPCR
- Associates Degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- At least 4 years professional sales experience managing high level donor relationships and soliciting donations. (Federal Contract Sales, Insurance Sales/Broker, Food Service Sales or Independent Broker would do well in this position.)
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed aggressive goals, including account penetration.
- Ability to manage and support both internal and external clients.
- Self-motivated with boundless energy, enthusiasm, innovative, and forward-thinking.
- Ability to overcome and handle field obstacles
- Flexibility with ability to handle multiple priorities at once while maintaining accuracy and timely communication.
- Vast knowledge of the community. Food industry knowledge preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that are effective across a variety of constituencies, including donors, volunteers, all staff members, clients of FSF, other food banks, and staff at the national office.
- Ability to speak and present publicly, and behave with proper decorum at events and meetings.
- Experience with developing donor strategies, solicitation approaches, retention and recognition programs, and donor stewardship.
- Big picture mindset with innovative and creative vision, while maintaining strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills coupled with a strong team orientation, exemplary project management skills and a high customer service focus.
- Strong moral compass and deep commitment to the mission and values of Feeding South Florida.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, CRM, and WMS preferred.
- Must maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and an insured personal vehicle.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- After business hours work is required occasionally throughout the year.
- Frequent travel between quad-county areas using personal vehicle is required.
- Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
- Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
COVERED BY FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA:
- United Healthcare HMO fully covered for employee
- NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee LIFE INSURANCE
- $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee
ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dental | United Healthcare DMO and PPO Plan
- Vision | VSP
- Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits:
- Critical Care
- Hospital Advantage
- Accident Indemnity Plan - Cancer Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,600 per calendar year
- Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
OTHER BENEFITS PROVIDED:
- Paid Time Off - 136 hours (17 days) for 1-5 years of employment - 176 hours (22 days) for 5+ years of employment
- Federal holidays off
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- All benefits are subject to change upon prior notice to employees
||June 18, 2017
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
The objective of this position is to increase Feeding South Florida’s overall incoming food to a minimum of 60 million pounds annually, with a need-based annual increase, and assist with connecting food donors to play an integral contributor to the organization’s annual budget. The FPM initiates, supports and executes a comprehensive food sourcing plan to cultivate, solicit and maintain current and prospective industry donors; develops and executes overall strategic initiatives with other Managers, under the guidance of the VPCR, as the goals related to the overall strategic plan for the organization. The ideal candidate will have at least 4+ years in the sales arena as a top producer, with experience in managing and growing a book of business of high ticket sales of non-tangibles products and services.