|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||March 28, 2017
||Driver position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Inspect, Operate, Maintain assigned Truck in a professional & safe manner as per State Drivers code and Highway Safety rules, USDOT code and UMCSR.
- Comply with all company safety policies, and reporting of any conditions that evident attention. Ensure, through continuous monitoring, and reporting procedures, that all standards are met in accordance with Safety Rules, Guidelines and Sanitation policies; Feeding America warehouse and salvage guidelines as well as inventory control and distribution procedures; County, State, DOT, OSHA and any other standards to which Feeding South Florida adheres.
- Complete daily routes as assigned and check call at each stop.
- Complete all assignments in such a way as to maintain the integrity of products through proper inspection, handling and storage procedures.
- Inspect all products to be picked up and complete the Driver Inspection Report for every load transported, including sanitation duties.
- Load and unload vehicle and operate in a safe manner at all times.
- Always transport food products under sanitary conditions; especially proper temperature.
- Establish rapport with representatives of food donors and vendors.
- Assist with weighing of product, loading and unloading at warehouses.
- Maintain proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
- Continuously check products for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe distribution when picking up product.
- Advise management of the need for repairs of equipment, safety and sanitation violations. • Operate equipment under all legal driving rules and maintain safe driving.
- Cross trained in Warehouse operations and equipment. Performs within acceptable standards and allotted time for assigned tasks, duties and responsibilities as observed by the Operations Manager and VP of Operations.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by Transportation Coordinator, Operations Manager, and Vice President of Operations.
- Emphasize Mission and Values consistently.
- Ability to work all shifts, nights or weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to lift and carry weight in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Basic Reading and Writing Skills in the English language.
- Ability to successfully complete training pertaining to the safe operation of Truck equipment and DOT Safety inspections.
- Ability to successfully complete training pertaining to the safe operation of warehouse equipment and machinery.
- Ability to prepare written reports accurately.
- Capable of following directions.
- Capable of working under pressure, completing various assignments responsibly and in a timely manner.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Must maintain a Valid Florida Driver’s License with required CDL Class.
- DOT Card
- Skills in operation and maintenance of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, coolers, freezers, electronic scales, etc.
- Forklift Certification and Material Handling Equipment.
- Knowledge of Safe Food Handling Procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- There are extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, and bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration.
- Frequent after hours’ work is required in connection with special events (nights and weekends).
- In addition to driving, this job involves activities in a warehouse environment with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- United Healthcare HMO fully covered for employee
- NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee
- $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee
ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dental | United Healthcare DMO and PPO Plan
- Vision | VSP
- Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits:
- Critical Care - Hospital Advantage
- Accident Indemnity Plan
- Cancer Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,600 per calendar year
- Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
OTHER BENEFITS PROVIDED:
- Paid Time Off - 136 hours (17 days) for 1-5 years of employment - 176 hours (22 days) for 5+ years of employment
- Federal holidays off
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
*All benefits are subject to change upon prior notice to employees
||June 28, 2017
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should email their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, with the position desired in the subject line. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
Feeding South Florida Drivers will perform transportation duties in the field picking up and delivering
product as well as assisting with general warehouse duties. They will also play a key role in daily vehicle
maintenance and with the implementation of Quality Control standards regarding products to be picked up
and transported. This position is responsible for picking up, delivering and moving our customer's freight. You
must enjoy meeting, interacting with, and appreciative of customers. This position requires extensive
enthusiastic interaction with the public and with other staff members.