|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||April 3, 2017
||Accounting Clerk position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Maintain accurate accounts receivables financial records, including vendor contracts, contacts, and files.
- Respond to vendors, partner agencies and team members’ inquiries in a timely manner.
- Process payments in a timely manner, including: day-to-day vendor invoices and payments; employee expense reports; and mailing vendor checks.
- Maintain the vendor master files in the accounting system and hard files as necessary.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Reconcile accounts receivables and prepare receivables journal entries.
- Ensure all bills are received and paid on a timely basis.
- Verify statements to vendor accounts and research any differences.
- Obtain signatures for service invoices from appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for the control of checks, void checks and sequential number of checks.
- Promote mission and values of the organization.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience and/or 3+ years’ experience with accounting functions.
- Working knowledge of inventory cycle in a warehouse setting (Preferred)
- Experience working for a non-profit organization (Preferred)
- General knowledge of accounting principles and bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Computer and database proficiency, including ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher) as well as customized internal systems such as the food bank system and financial applications.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Experience with electronic accounts payable processing environment.
- Experience with set up and maintenance of vendor files.
- The ability to deal effectively with tight month-end closing process.
- Experience working in a high volume, full-cycle accounts payable position.
- Strong analytical and organization ability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with various office equipment (calculator, date stamper, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and completion with projects.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Strong commitment to bettering the lives of others.
- Strong customer service and people skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- After business hours’ work is required occasionally throughout the year.
- Frequent travel between quad-county areas using personal vehicle is required.
- Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
- Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COVERED BY FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA:
- United Healthcare HMO fully covered for employee
- NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee
- $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee
ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dental | United Healthcare DMO and PPO Plan
- Vision | VSP
- Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits:
- Critical Care
- Hospital Advantage
- Accident Indemnity Plan
- Cancer Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,600 per calendar year
- Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
OTHER BENEFITS PROVIDED:
- 401K * Paid Time Off - 136 hours (17 days) for 1-5 years of employment - 176 hours (22 days) for 5+ years of employment
- Federal holidays off
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
||June 5, 2017
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should email their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position desired in the subject line. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
The Feeding South Florida (FSF) Accounting Clerk (AC) is responsible for providing accounting support to the Director of Finance. Ensures financial records are updated and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable and accounts receivables duties.