|Food Bank Name
||Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida
Fort Myers, FL
||July 7, 2017
||Warehouse Manager position available in Fort Myers, FL
- Develop, supervise, and maintain an orderly process for receiving all products.
- Monitor and maintain a housekeeping and sanitation program that is in compliance with Health Department codes and regulations, and Feeding America standards. Document and file related inspection reports.
- Inspect food and maintain a system of stock rotation to insure wholesomeness.
- Schedule all delivery appointments; supervise incoming donations and the loading/unloading of product.
- Schedule the maintenance for the truck fleet and all material handling equipment to comply with regulatory agencies and Feeding America policies.
- Work with Director of Operations to maintain the accuracy of the physical inventory. Offer support on end-of-year inventories and monthly periodic inventories, as determined.
- Implement and maintain safety policies and programs developed for warehouse operations.
- Must be able to train and direct the warehouse workers and the drivers in the completion of their position including: filling of orders, maintenance of trucks and inventory, and unloading/receiving of shipments.
- Monitor theft prevention safeguards to assure integrity of inventory.
- Prepare reports on warehouse activities as requested.
- Monitor temp logs, pest control,
- Monitor workload to determine person power and scheduling needs.
- Support the Volunteer Department as needed to assure HCFB volunteer sorting activities are rewarding as well as effective and efficient
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance, cleaning schedules, temp logs, SDS,
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in Southwest Florida
- Ability to relate effectively other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public
- Clear understanding of and ability to articulate HCFB’s mission
- Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner
- Ability to perform physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving HCFB mission.
- Valid Florida driver’s license
Specific to Position
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited institution in warehouse, logistics and operations management.
- Five years minimum management experience in routing, warehouse, logistics, operations environment, particularly experience in food operations.
- Knowledge of truck maintenance and material handling preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of inventory software systems preferred.
- Demonstrated success managing, supervising, and leading a team of 10 employees or more required.
Company paid medical and dental Paid Holidays Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement Tuition Reimbursement 401(k) with Company match Life Insurance Paid Long Term Disability
||July 21, 2017
|How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Beatrice, HR Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org
|About the Organization
The HCFB currently distributed 20.6 million pounds of food to children, families, seniors and veterans in Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee Counties through a network of 150 non-profits. The HCFB has maintained 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, and has received certification from the American Institute of Baking. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, religion, veteran status, or disability in employment. Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug-Free Workplace. We participate in E-verify, pre-hire criminal background check, and pre-employment drug tests are mandatory.
The Warehouse Manager develops and maintains an efficient, safe, and sanitary system for the collection and storage of donated products. Ensures the warehouse meets all governmental, Feeding America and AIB food safety and sanitation standards.