Finance, Budgeting, and Accounting
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of financial analysis and monitoring, financial reporting and accounting functions.
- Develop, maintain and document efficient and effective fiscal policies, systems, procedures and internal control structure.
- Develop, coordinate and document processes related to annual organization-wide operating budget, grant/program budgets, capital budget, multi-year forecast, mid-year budget reprojection and monthly variance reporting processes in accordance with deadlines.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, donations processing and receipting, and fixed assets recordkeeping functions. • In conjunction with other Foodshare staff, as appropriate, develop, monitor and report on government and other grants budgets in accordance with relevant restrictions, guidelines and deadlines.
- Forecast and manage cash flow.
- Maintain all aspects of general ledger, including journal entries, allocations, monthly and year end close, account reconciliations and all levels of reporting.
- Prepare and provide to auditor all information related to annual financial statement audit, federal single audit, tax return and any other fiscal audits.
- Support board’s finance, audit and retirement plan committees, including preparation of meeting agendas and minutes; preparation of governance-level reports and charts; monitoring governance-level financial policies and ongoing communication with committee chairs.
- Ensure that all federal, state and local tax/compliance filings are complete, accurate and filed on a timely basis.
- Plan, develop and execute all procedures involving cash receipts for major fundraising events, including but not limited to the Walk Against Hunger and Turkey and a Thirty drives.
Technology and Data Management
- Provide high level support for the technology and database functions within the organization.
- Develop and modify long-term plans to ensure IT can support the needs of the organization.
- Oversee the data management function with a focus on improving the integrity, utilization, integration and analysis of data across the organization.
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, purchasing, office equipment, insurance and record retention.
- Oversee relationships with insurance brokers and vendors, and oversee annual insurance renewal process. Recommend insurance policies and levels.
- Oversee the management of all contracts and other financial commitments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years financial management experience required, with non-profit accounting and financial reporting experience preferred.
- Previous experience managing and motiving employees.
- Experience in oversight of IT preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; strong experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Technology savvy with extensive knowledge of accounting and reporting software required; experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting Foodshare’s mission, with compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid customer focus.
- Ability to collaborate across teams as well as work independently.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate financial concepts and information in non-financial terms.
|About the Organization
Foodshare is Greater Hartford’s regional food bank, working to nourish our neighbors every single day by increasing access to healthy food. In addition to providing 11.5 million meals worth of food through 300 local programs each year, Foodshare is building collaborative partnerships across the region and advocating on behalf of those we serve to help stabilize lives, with one goal in mind — building a stronger and healthier Greater Hartford for us all.
Foodshare has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Finance and Administration. With a commitment to integrity and transparency, the qualified candidate will be responsible for leadership and management of financial, technology, data management, and administrative functions for Foodshare, a $30 million non-profit organization. The Director of Finance and Administration is a member of the organization’s leadership team.