|Food Bank Name
||SF-Marin Food Banks
San Francisco, CA
||March 16, 2017
||Annual Fund Manager
||Annual Fund Manager position available in San Francisco, CA
- Lead and set fundraising strategy and creative direction for the Annual Fund program, in collaboration with the Director of Annual Fund.
- Responsible for the execution of all Annual Fund fundraising activities, including direct mail, telephone fundraising, and text-to-give programs, and acts as main liaison with vendors.
- Manage the Food Bank’s monthly giving program, including: developing a growing stewardship strategy; producing monthly giving communications; and producing an annual donor recognition event.
- Support the Director of Annual Fund with digital advertising and campaigns, working with consultants on developing strategy; writing and proofreading; testing and analytics; and design coordination.
- Support the Director of Annual Fund in the development and implementation of donor upgrade and cultivation strategies in collaboration with Leadership Gifts team.
Donor Services and Retention
- Manage the Annual Fund Coordinator, and provide oversight for the donor services program.
- Working with the Annual Fund Coordinator, develop and manage donor retention strategies and grow the donor retention program.
- Execute a comprehensive schedule of communications, with support from the Annual Fund Coordinator. Manage production calendar; facilitate the review process; keep projects on schedule and within budget; and work with consultants and outside vendors daily.
- Provide oversight for the Food Bank’s online fundraising and communication tool (Salsa) and email testing tool Litmus; responsible for email sending and testing, with support from the Annual Fund Coordinator.
Planning and Administration
- Support the Director of Annual Fund in developing and maintaining an annual revenue and expense budget; implementing new fundraising strategies; and creating a strategic work plan for the Annual Fund each year.
- Manage all data requests for Annual Fund communications; review mailing lists, recognition lists and financial reports for accuracy.
- Work with the Senior Database Manager to produce analytics and data reports to track campaign performance.
- Manage online performance analytics in collaboration with outside consultant.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of four years nonprofit experience; Annual Fund experience required.
- Experience managing full-time staff.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to craft creative, mission-driven copy that motivates donors to give.
- Excellent vendor management and relationship skills.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation.
- Ability to react to changing situations appropriately. Can adapt quickly to change tactics as necessary to improve revenue results.
- Experience working with CRM tools; familiarity with HTML preferred.
- Strong project management skills; experience with Basecamp a plus.
- Detail oriented; able to complete complex projects accurately with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of current nonprofit fundraising best practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Bilingual not required, but a plus
Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, flexible spending and employer-paid retirement plan. Generous holiday and vacation schedule.
||April 14, 2017
|How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and fundraising portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Annual Fund Manager, your name” in the subject line of your email.
|About the Organization
Our mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. The Bay Area is one of the most expensive places to live, and many of our low-income neighbors are struggling day-to-day to make ends meet. Over 225,000 people rely on the Food Bank to get enough food to eat each year. This year, we will distribute 49 million pounds of food. Our network of 450 partner agencies includes neighborhood food pantries, after-school programs, AIDS service providers, domestic violence and homeless shelters, health clinics, job training programs, senior programs, soup kitchens, and street outreach programs. For more information about our organization, please visit www.sfmfoodbank.org.
Join our friendly, collaborative and hardworking Development team. We’re looking for a talented fundraising professional to fill the position of Annual Fund Manager and help lead the effort to raise funds from a large pool of individual donors under $1,000.
The Annual Fund Manager is an independent and strategic individual who works collaboratively with the Director of Annual Fund and Annual Fund Coordinator to ensure the overall success of the Annual Fund, with an annual revenue goal of $4.7 million. The right person for the job will be a data-driven fundraiser with the ability to lead the creation of inspiring campaigns. We’re not afraid to be trendsetters. We need your vision.