|Food Bank Name
||September 5, 2017
||Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
||Director of Financial Planning and Analysis position available in Oxnard, CA
- Provide thoughtful, timely and accurate analysis of business results, appropriately challenging planned expenditures across the company and providing insightful comments on the prospective situation.
- Provide strategic financial/accounting /financial and operational leadership on the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Supervise Finance Staff and encourage their growth and development.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of all bank accounts, general ledger accounts, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Lead accounting, finance (including operational finance), budgeting, forecasting and projection work.
- Implement financial planning tools and processes that can scale with the business.
- Function as a strategic business partner and problem solver in strategic issues, capital projects and acquisitions.
- Maintain 403b plan records, make remittance, and complete year-end reports.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and reconciliation to general ledger control accounts. Book monthly estimated and yearend reconciled depreciation.
- Analyze and design key financial processes that lead to better operational decisions.
- Optimize bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Oversee day-to-day cash management.
- Establish annual operating plan, identifying and qualifying financial/operational risks and opportunities.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual budget/quarterly forecast development, monthly P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statements and system maintenance.
- Audit preparation and reporting including review of annual corporate tax returns. Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Prepare general journal entries.
- Lead monthly financial reporting process for the Board of Directors including reporting Key Performance Indicators and the status of strategic initiatives.
- Utilize volunteers wherever possible to accomplish the mission of FOOD Share. Train, help, and encourage them in their assigned tasks.
- Ensure opening mail, checks, and cash are processed in dual custody by at least two unrelated persons.
- Provide monthly financial reports and dashboard with variance explanations. \
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Census reporting.
- Preparation of the IRS 990 tax form.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Willingness to challenge conventional wisdom. A creative problem solver with an ability to guide the business to focus on what is important.
- At least 5-8 years of progressive Finance experience.
- 5 years fund accounting experience & knowledge of computer software.
- Experience with GAAP requirements for nonprofit.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of insurance requirements is desirable.
- Direct management experience required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizations skills.
- Must have a strong ethical character, good judgment and discretion; capable of handling confidential and financial information.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other Food bank staff and volunteers and liaise with other Food bank and Feeding America financial staff.
- Knowledge of economic principles.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications.
Medical, Dental, 403(b) and PTO
||October 6, 2017
|How to Apply
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|About the Organization
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for applying finance and accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, reconcile all GL and subsidiary accounts, prepare accurate and timely financial reports, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.