|Food Bank Name
||St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance
||September 12, 2017
||Major Gifts Officer
||Major Gifts Officer position available in Phoenix, AZ
- Managing an assigned portfolio of approximately 200 prospective donors for major gift commitments of at least $10,000 for identified fundraising objectives.
- Engaging in 12 to 5 field contacts per months.
- Developing written engagement and solicitation strategies; moving prospective donors through a cultivation, solicitation and stewardship cycle.
- Strategically involving the senior staff/board in the cultivation and solicitation of top donors.
- Assisting in preparing and implementing a Major Gifts strategic plan.
- Collaborating with the development team with functions and coordination of activities, as well as with other departments within the organization.
- Participating in the activities of committees and organizations to ensure policies, procedures and safeguards are in place and function in the best interest of the Food Bank.
- Scheduling appointments with donors and prospects to discuss their personal interests that may correlate with St. Mary’s programs and giving opportunities, propensity and desire to be philanthropic in support, and their financial capacity to make major one-time or annual gifts; presenting the case for philanthropic support and giving, naming, and sponsorship opportunities. When appropriate, writing gift proposals and presenting them as well as soliciting and securing gift commitments.
- Maintaining current and accurate records of donors and prospects in the St. Mary’s Raiser’s Edge system.
- Updating information in the records systems regarding completed, current, and future gift asks/proposals.
- Maintaining a brief strategic plan for donors and prospects documenting moves management actions.
- Traveling within the valley to a variety of functions pertaining to development and fundraising.
- Preparing fundraising training documents and fundraising materials for use in the solicitation of gifts.
- Assisting the stewardship and public recognition of donors; publishing list of donors at various levels of giving in performance programs and other mediums.
- Ensuring the delivery of thank-you notes and letters in a timely manner.
- Subscribing to the Code of Ethics and Professional Practices of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of progressive experience in a Development Office, with at least 3 years as a Major Gifts Officer of a higher education or nonprofit institution; or equivalent fundraising experience.
- A proven track record of success in planning, implementing and advancing a comprehensive Major Gifts program – special consideration will be given to candidates with experience soliciting and stewarding donors and gifts at the $10,000+ level.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to effectively represent the Food Bank.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, training, and engaging board members and other volunteers in fundraising.
- Previous experience working at a nonprofit organization is desirable.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), Raiser’s Edge or similar software and calendaring programs.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques, proposal development, prospect identification and cultivation, fund solicitation as well as modern management and administrative techniques related to the development and implementation of methods of work planning, scheduling and coordinating in a team environment to meet changing organizational objectives.
- Management experience.
- Knowledge of Phoenix and its surrounding areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience communicating the mission, strategic plan and goals, and the case for philanthropic support.
- Work hour flexibility is essential – position includes evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
- A valid Arizona driver’s license.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, 401 K, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
||November 30, 2017
|How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: jobs.firstfoodbank.org
|About the Organization
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance was founded in 1967 and today is one of the largest food banks in the United States and proud of the impact it has on the hungry in Arizona.
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance has an excellent opportunity available for a Major Gifts Officer. Located in our Phoenix office, our Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the planning and execution of our comprehensive Major Gifts program. The Major Gifts Officer engages, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors who have the capacity to make major direct or planned gifts to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance.